Breakfast can be tough especially on weekdays. Most people will only grab a coffee and breakfast bar, and then they are off to work, wishing to not catch up in the traffic. Even though you do not have enough time in the morning, but breakfast is not something to miss.
Even though most people are busy in the morning, but breakfast is important. This is because breakfast provides enough calorie intakes for your body’s metabolism. Skipping on breakfast also increases the chances for snacking throughout the day to make up for the required calories.
Breakfast is important, but managing what to eat in the morning is also important. Breakfast should contain healthy and sustaining nutrients such as fat, protein, carbohydrate, and fiber. When carefully counted, your breakfast can help with weight losing as well. Here are 4 breakfast idea for weight loss.
Savoury Oatmeal with sunny side up egg
Oatmeal is one of the most popular healthy foods not only for weight loss but also for improving overall health. Most people cook oatmeal in sweet way by adding chocolate, honey, fruits, and so on. If sweet oatmeal is not your favourite, you can try this savoury oatmeal with sunny side up egg to start the day. The total calories of this dish is 262.
- ¼ cup dry quick cooking oats (choose steel cut oats)
- ¾ cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons white cheddar cheese, shredded. (Add more if desired)
- 1 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- 1 large egg
- Additional topping (if desired)
- Sliced green onion
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped chilli or chilli powder
- Cook oatmeal with water. You can cook it on stove top or using microwave. Choose the method that you like.
- Stove to method: boil water then add oatmeal. Once the oatmeal is added, reduce the heat and cook for 3 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Turn of the heat and add cheddar cheese and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Microwave method: Prepare microwave-safe bowl and add in oats. Line the microwave dish with paper towels, in case there are any spills. Set the microwave to high but not the highest for one minute intervals for total 3 minutes. If you want softer oatmeal, you can continue to cook it for 30 second more. When the oatmeal is done, add the cheese and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan (preferably non-stick), over medium heat with ½ teaspoon coconut oil. Add the vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until soften. Spread the vegetable over the cooked oats.
- Then add the remaining coconut oil to fry egg. You fry the egg half cook or fully cook. Serve over oatmeal.
- Before serving, sprinkle some green onions, chilli, walnuts, and other toping as you like.
Greek Yogurt Waffle
Waffle is all time favourite breakfast menus. This Greek yogurt waffle can be one of the best breakfast menus especially when you are on diet. Here is the recipe and how to make Greek yogurt waffle.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and preheat waffle make
- Add the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder, sugar, constarch in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients such as eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and milk. Whisk until combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredient bowl and pour the dry ingredients on it.
- Whisk the batter until just combine. Be sure not to overmix.
- Add the batter to the waffle maker in batches. Store the cooked waffle in over to make it stay crisp. Avoid stack the cooked waffle while it is hot or warm because it will make the waffles get soggy.
- Serve waffle with toppings of your favourite such as honey, fruit, and so on.
Nut and Fruit Bar – Breakfast Ideas For Weight Loss
Nut and fruit bar is one dish that very easy to make and does not require baking. You can make this nut and fruit bar for breakfast on the go or snack. Here is the recipe.
- 1 cup (around 12 pieces) pitted dates
- ¼ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, lightly chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup dried fruits (sliced apricots, golden raisins, cranberries, and such)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Line an 8 inch square pan with non-stick aluminium foil
- Chop dates in food processor and then transfer to a bowl.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and honey. Stir occasionally around 1 minute and pour to the bowl. Mix well to combine
- Add in the chopped almonds, dried fruit, oats and pumpkin seeds. Pour the mixture to the prepared pan and press. Freeze it around 30 minutes or until it is sliceable. Cut into 12 bars and store in the fridge.
Grain and vegetable bowl – Breakfast Ideas For Weight Loss
Dry cereal can be boring if you eat it in everyday basis. Ditch the dry cereal with this savoury grain and vegetable bowl. Here is the recipe and how to make it.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cup leftover cooked grains (you can use brown rice, faro, quinoa, or couscous)
- ½ avocado, chopped roughly
- 1 tomato, cut into bite size.
How to make:
- Heat oil in the pan over medium heat and then add garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown. Add spinach, salt and pepper to taste and sauté until just wilted, around 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the grains in the bowl, top with spinach, avocado, and tomato. If desired, you can add cooked chicken breast, egg, and also cheese.
The calories for the grain and vegetable bowl are around 379 cal. This dish is a good choice because you get the nutrition intake that the body need for metabolism throughout the day.
Those are about Breakfast Ideas For Weight Loss. Enjoy you morning with a healthy meal.