Do you have an old-fashioned and uninteresting vanity mirror? Or, are you looking for information on how to DIY vanity mirror? If your answer is yes, you are on the right place. Today, we will show you four best DIY vanity Mirror with easy step by steps instructions.
There is no doubt that vanity mirror is one of the most popular mirror in our house. A vanity mirror is a mirror that normally uses to check your physical appearance, do your hair, and apply makeup or anything else to help you to look the best. Good vanity mirrors should not only functional, but also need to be attractive and able to make your room more beautiful.
Vanity mirror come to the market in different shapes and sizes. Some vanity mirror may have a frame or they may frameless. This particular type of mirror also comes in different styles that you can be mounted on the wall or you can be attached to different furniture. For better reflection some vanity mirror are equipped with some lighting bulb.
You can buy vanity mirror at your nearest furniture store. However, some people love to create their own vanity mirror. If you are one of them, here are some easy DIY vanity mirrors with easy step by step instructions
5 Best DIY Vanity Mirror Project
We have mentioned earlier that buying vanity mirror is easy as you can find wide ranges of vanity mirrors available in the market. Having said that, many people love to made their own vanity mirror. DIY vanity mirror will not only save you a lot of money, but at the same time, you can create a beautiful vanity mirror that suite to your taste and preference.
Wall vanity mirror with Light
To create beautiful wall mounted vanity mirror with light, you will need the following supplies:
- Vanity light bar. Depend on the size of your mirror, you can choose light bar with four, five or more light bulbs.
- 3 pack of 40 watt halogen bulbs.
- 20 inches by 30 inches mirror ( for this size of mirror, you need light bar with four bulbs on one side in total you will need 8 bulbs)
- 5,16’’x 8,2 ½ ‘’ of PVC tile edge
- Extension cord (you need to stripe off the end of the cord for easy wiring).
- Tape measure
- Screw driver
- Screw with flat head.
Easy step by step instruction you need to follow:
- First you need to measure your table where you will place your vanity mirror.
- If you have 30 inches wide mirror, you need to cut your PVC edging into two 30 inches strips.
- The next step is to screw PVC to the wall. This PVC edging will allows you to slide the mirror between the edgings to make it more secure.
- Now, you need to remove backside of the lighting kits – to expose the wire, you need to take off the knobs.
- Bring in the extension cord and attach it to the lighting wire – if you have pre-stripped cord, your work will become easier.
- Now screw the edging to the wall and then slide the mirror into groves.
- Place the light bar on the wall and the screw it securely.
- Replace light covering and the replace the knobs
- The last step is to add a light and your beautiful vanity mirrors is done
Make it with shelves
Rustic room décor has become popular in our society. More and more people love to have rustic room décor they like. If you are one of them, you need to know how to decorate your rustic room properly. To create a beautiful rustic room décor, you need to have rustic furniture in place and other rustic decorative element such as rustic mirror with shelves.
Created from repurpose wood and recycling material, pallet vanity mirror with shelves offer natural and rustic look you need. This particular type of vanity mirror is not only functional, but also will make your room look more warmth and beautiful.
To give you an idea how to make this beautiful vanity mirror, here are easy step by step tutorial on how to create rustic vanity mirror with shelves.
For the purpose of this project, you will need the following supplies:
- Old pallets
- Old fork
- Mirror clips
To create rustic vanity mirror with shelves, you need to follow these steps.
- Grabs any used palled or old pallet
- The next step is to cut your pallet to 6 or 7 pieces in equal sizes.
- To create smooth surface, you need to sand your pallets perfectly.
- Using screws now put the pieces together. Keep in mind that you need to have some shelves and some space for the mirror. If you want to place your mirror on the left side, you need the shelves on the right side.
- Place your mirror on the pallets and secure it with mirror clips. You can buy a new mirror from the store. However, if you are on tight budget, you can use windows glass and you can paint in one site to create a mirrors
- Use some old forks as hanger. First, you need to bend your old forks and then bold them with screws.
- Your rustic vanity mirror is ready to use.
Beautiful with mosaic tile
Do you have plain and dull vanity mirror in your house? Do you want to make your vanity mirror look more beautiful and more interesting? If your answer is yes, we will show you easy step by step instruction on how to make your vanity mirror more beautiful.
DIY project is really fun. This is true, if you do DIY vanity mirror properly, you can have beautiful vanity mirror that really suite with your personal need. Moreover, you can have really unique vanity mirror that you cannot find it anywhere else in the world.
Creating fashionable and interesting vanity mirror doesn’t need to be expensive. With your creativity, you can create amazing vanity mirror without spending a lot of money. Using mosaic tile, you can transform your old-fashioned and dull mirror into elegant and glamorous mirror you need.
To create beautiful vanity mirror with mosaic tile, you will need the following items:
- You need to have different mosaic tile ( If you want to create a simple design, you may only need two or more mosaic tile color, but for more complicated design, you obviously will need more than that)
- Utility knife
- Scotch clear mounting tape
Step-by –step instruction
- First of all, you need to clean your mirror properly. For better result you can use soap or other types of cleaning detergent to remove oil and debris from the mirror surface. Before your work with our mirror, you need to make sure that your mirror surface is clean and oil free. Mosaic tile will not stick to oil mirror surface.
- Depend on the size of your mirror; you can create 3 or 4 tile tick. Now cut the mosaic in to 3 of 4 sections (whichever size of border you desire). Remove tile in several places. This will allows you to work with other color. For better tile pattern, you need to make sure that you have consistent tile placement. To create more complicated pattern, you need to use multiple tile color. You need to cut your tile smoothly. Any stray edge need to be trimmed accordingly.
- Now, you need to cut your scotch clear mounting tape to your desire length. By removing out site of your scotch tape, you can apply two full strips on each side of the mirror.
- The next is to remove red cover of scotch tape carefully. Now place your tile onto the tapes and press firmly onto the surface of the mirror. You can continue to work with your pattern that you have designed. If you want your mirror to show up on the certain area, you can leave small space in between your tiles. Alternatively, you can place your tile next to another so that there will be no space visible. You can continue removing tape cover and insert your tiles until all border of your mirror covered with tile completely.
- Now you have beautiful vanity mirror with mosaic tile in your room.
Big impact geometric vanity mirror
Vanity mirror is an important part of our daily life. Vanity mirror help you to look best in every occasion. Buying vanity mirror is easy as you can find different size of vanity mirror at furniture store. However, some people may have difficulty to find vanity mirror that work well on their room. The problems will become more complicated when you have tight budget.
It is true as you may find beautiful mirror that may work well with your room, but the tags price is very expensive. On the other occasion, you may have enough budgets for new vanity mirror, but you cannot find the right vanity mirror that you need.
If you cannot find the right mirror that meet with your criteria, why don’t you just create your own vanity mirror? With a little afford, you can create amazing vanity mirror that meet all your personal requirements.
DIY vanity mirror is popular among the home owner. This DIY project enables homeowners to create vanity mirror with exact criteria they need. Therefore, more and more people prefer to create their own vanity mirror then buying a new vanity mirror.
This is step-by-step tutorial how to make big impact geometric vanity mirror.For this particular project, you will need the following supplies:
- Beveled edge mirror with 14 inches in diameter
- 8 pieces of square wooden dowel rood- 26 inch long and 3/8 inch thick.
- 4 inches long wooden 2×4
- Stain-poly in espresso
- Trash bag
- Measuring tape
- Wire cutter
- 8 inches long Piece of wire
- Wood glue
- Paint brush
- E6000 glue
- Electric drill
- Rubber gloves
- Picture hanger
To create big impact geometric vanity mirror, you need to follow these easy step-by-step instruction
- You can start your project by staining all your dowel rods including 2×4 pieces dowel with stain-poly in espresso. For safety reason, you need to wear your gloves and open all your ventilation. Place your dowel rod on top of plastic drop cloth or a trash bag. Let your first coats to dry and then apply your second coat. The coating process will completely dry in 24 to 48 hours.
- Once you finish your stain process, place your dowel road on the flat surface and arrange them to hashtag shape. Lay out your first two parallel to each other. The next step is to place the next two on top of the first one. Now you have created square form on the middle on your construction. You have to make sure that square form that you have created is smaller than the size of your mirror. This is important as you need to let your mirror sit on top dowels. You need to test it before you actual glue the dowels.
Now you apply your wood glue at each connection point. Remove and clean away any glue excess and the let it completely dry. Repeat the process to the other four of your dowels.
- While waiting your dowels to dry, you can make your mirror mounting piece. Creating mounting piece is easy. Bend your wire and create lops on both ends. The next step is to attach your loop into the wood and secure t with screw. You need to screw it in ¾ inches from the bottom of the wood.
- You have two dowels with hashtag shape that already stained. Next, is to arrange your dowel sets on top of another so that they will only connect at two spots. You need to glue these two spot securely. Wipe and clean away any excess glue.
- Now, place your mirror face down on the table. Now, glue the back of the mirror with two dowels using E6000. Before you glue, make sure that upper part of the mirror touch the upper part of the dowels. Remember that you need to glue your mounting piece securely.
- Now your geometric vanity mirror is ready to use.
Clothespin vanity mirror with storing compartment
DIY vanity mirror is popular DIY project that can be done easily. To start your project, you will need to find the best DIY ideas for your vanity mirror. When it comes for vanity mirror DIY project, some people are willing to spend some significant amount of money to make their vanity mirror look better.
DIY vanity mirror doesn’t have to be expensive. Today we will show you easy step by step tutorial on how to make clothespin vanity mirror with storing compartment. This simple project is easy to follow and the best thing about this project is that you can use different supplies that you already have.
Clothespin vanity mirror with storing compartment is really beautiful, factional and easy to make.To create clothespin vanity mirror, you will need the following supplies:
- A Mirror
- A hot gun stick
- Hot Glue stick
- Cardboard boxes – one small size and one big size
- Paint brush
- Mod podge
- Newspaper with written text
- Clothes spin
- A pencil
- Black cardstock
- Black and white acrylic paint
- Get the big cardboard and cut it off to two rectangle shapes
- Place your mirror on top of a piece of rectangular shape that you just created. You need to place it in the middle so that there will be equal amount of cardboard on each site. On one side of the cardboard, draw a line between the ends of the mirror and the cardboard. With your scissor cut along the line of the cardboard. Repeat the procedure on the other side of the cardboard. Now, you have two small pieces of cardboard.
- Using your hot glue gun, attach your two small strip of cardboard to the cardboard main strip so that four side of the mirror has the same amount of the cardboard.
- Now is a time to create your frame. Place your mirror in the middle of your crossbar shape cardboard. Using your pencil, create outline of the mirror. Place some generous amount of glue on the back of the mirror and put it back to the cardboard and press firmly, and then let it dry.
- Now you have basic frame with mirror. It is a time to work with decorative clothespins. On this session you will use your mod podge, paint brush, cut strip of newspaper and scissor. Now cut strip newspaper approximately 3 inchx0,5 inch just enough to cover top site of the clothespins.
- Using your brush, apply mod podge to the clothespins. Stick your strip of newspaper on to the clothespins that already have a thin layer of mod podge. Repeat the procedure until you have enough clothespins to cover your mirror. For bigger size mirror, you will need more clothespins.
- When all your mod podge dry completely, you can trim any excess newspaper hanging off the sides of your clothespin. Now time to assemble your clothespin to the mirror neatly. When assembling clothespins, you need to have enough space so that you can apply your glue on it.
- Once your clothespins in place use your hot glue gun to glue the clothespins to the frame.
- Now is a time to create a frame holder. To create a frame holder you need to have rectangular shape of cardboard. To make the holder more beautiful, you need to paint strip cardboard with a solid black color. Once your painted cardboard is dry, you can apply a hot glue gun, and then attach it to the back of your mirror. The black cardboard will serve as mirror stand. If you want stronger frame stand, you can use ticker cardboard or use double layer of cardboard instead.
- Preparing your mirror holder. To prepare your mirror holder, you need to open your small box with scissor. As a result you will have a small box with top open.
- Using your pencil, now you need to trace e side of the small box on to the cardstock paper. Using your scissor, you then need to cut off the black cardstock paper. The next step is to glue 3 pieces of black cardstock paper to the box with your hot glue gun.
- Decorating your holder. You obviously want to make your holder look more beautiful. If that is the case, you need to decorate your mirror holder nicely. You can use a pencil to write or draws something on the holder. Use your pain brash and white acrylic paint to outline your drawing or writing.
- Now you have beautifully decorated mirror, mirror stand and mirror holder. It is a time to attach your mirror stand to mirror holder. To do so, you need to use your hot glue gun to attaches mirror stand to the mirror holder. In this case, you need to glue approximately two inches widths away from the mirror bottom. When the gle has cooled off and both sides of cardboard stick properly, you can cut off the excess cardboard so that your mirror can stand steadily.
- Now you need to be proud of yourself. Your Clothespin vanity mirror with storing compartment has done beautifully.
Creating Clothespin vanity mirror with storing compartment is easy. This DIY project enables you to have an unique vanity mirror that no one else will have
You have read 5 best DIY vanity mirror projects you can try at Home. If you find these projects inspiring, please do not hesitate to share this article to your families and friends.